Sowing Seeds



Words can be 
weapons
Unsheathed carelessly
Wielded
from our poisonous tongues
Typed
in a frenzied fury
fingers flying
across the keyboard
in a futile attempt 
to make some sense 
of this broken 
world.

More harm
than
good. 

Words can be 
seeds
Cultivated carefully
Chosen
from our compassionate souls
Planted
in a hurting heart
beauty blooming
from the ashes
in a desperate attempt 
to make a difference 
in this broken 
world.

More good
than
harm. 

Will our words 
be weapons 
or 
seeds?

I know what 
my choice
will be:

I want my words to go 
up 
instead of 
out

Up in prayer
instead of
Out in protest

Up in bloom 
instead of 
Out in blame

I will use my words for 
reconciliation
acceptance
peace.

I pray that God
will transform my words 
into seeds of
hope
truth
love

To plant 
in the hearts of the hurting
in the minds of the marginalized
in the people of this broken world. 

I will be 
a seed sower
not
a weapon wielder.

I will choose my words
carefully. 

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
--Proverbs 12:18


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rona Reads: What else are we going to do?

The Sisterhood of the Coaches' Wives

Never Say Never